Since Ming Chuan Junior Women's Commercial College was established in 1957, the Controller’s Division, formerly the Accounting Office, was set up at the same time with one Director and five staff members. In July 1990, the institution was upgraded to Ming Chuan College and the Accounting Office was renamed to Accounting Division, a first-level unit with one Executive Director and six staff members. In 1997, the institution officially became Ming Chuan University. In 2008, Accounting Division was renamed to Controller’s Division with one Controller, one Deputy Controller, and two sections: Accounting Section and Auditing Section. At present, besides Controller and Deputy Controller, there are 9 staff members in the Division to serve all colleagues in the university.